We started as a small group of concerned moms in NYC and Boston, and in the past month our network of volunteers has grown to 46 states. We are parents, siblings, daughters and sons; we work in many professions. We coordinate with established organizations such as RAICES, Lutheran Services, Annunciation House and others, to fill in the gaps.
We let the experts be the experts and we assist where unexpected needs arise in this unprecedented situation. So far we have picked up reunited families from shelters, taken them to places where they can shower and rest, cooked them food, bought them new clothes to replace the ones they were given in prison, provided medicine for a cough their child picked up at the shelter, given them phones, drove them to the airport and helped them through security, and brought them to their final destination when their relatives weren’t able to.
To date we have helped over 50 families and funded it all ourselves, with the help of family and friends. However as the trickle of reunification escalates into thousands of families needing support for an extended period-of-time across the US, our volunteer work has only just begun. We are expanding a model of service that leverages existing and national networks to provide local support, and hope to rapidly scale these efforts in more cities.
WHAT WE DO
- Immediately provide needed essentials like supplies, clothes, food, cell-phones, etc.
- Assist in locating family members in the US and abroad and book transportation to help reconnect familiesLeverage our personal and professional relationships to help connect those still unrepresented with qualified pro bono legal immigration counsel
- Help those suffering from mental, emotional and physical trauma to be quickly connected with qualified specialists with deep expertise in immigrant and undocumented populations
- And whatever other needs arise
WHAT WE NEED
- Volunteers across the country to join city-based networks offering ad hoc support to affected families in your city. Please sign up on our contact form.
- Connections to individuals and organizations providing qualified pro bono legal and mental health assistance.
- Monetary donations to help these families, and to help our volunteers help these families.